Saturday, August 3, 2013

Currently...August (is it really!?!?)

Well, all the cool kids in the blogging world do this fun deali-o called "Currently" and it is hosted by Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade...  I thought I would try it out for my first month of blogging.


Read on to find out more...

{Listening}
My husband is sleeping next to me on the couch as I type away at 1:31 in the morning.  He said he would try to stay up and play videogames, but I guess he didn't make it...

{Loving}

Now that summer school is over, I have been hanging out a lot with my two-year-old daughter, Gracie.  I know when school starts up (in 23 days!) it is going to be hard for both of us.  Seriously, it was much easier to leave her when she was 3 months old (August of 2011), but every August gets harder and harder.  She is such an awesome kid and I love playing with her and just being in the same room with her!

{Thinking}
So, now it is 1:33 a.m. and yes, I should be in bed, but I haven't had a lot of time to read emails or do blog posts lately (see next comment) and I really need to catch up.  I am loving the blog world and it is a lot of work, but so rewarding.  I currently have 12 followers on Bloglovin' and 24 followers on Facebook and I literally do a happy dance each time I get a new one (Michelle you are the reason for my latest happy dance on Facebook).  So, do I go to bed or catch up on my bloggy world?

{Wanting}
I have been talking in cryptic comments lately about what is going on...but I think I am going to just say it.  A month ago my mama got diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer.  It was a huge shock to all of us, but despite a lot of crying at the beginning I have been doing really well with it all.  My mama is my best friend and I can't imagine not having her around for me or my daughter (not to mention my sister and my nieces and nephews), so it was a hard blow when I first found out, but my mom has been so unbelievably upbeat and positive about it all.  I think she is the reason I have been so much calmer than I would be.

Gracie and her Granni
Thursday she went in for a double mastectomy and there were lots of tears shed, but this lady was up and walking around already the next day!  She is such a fighter and I am so proud of her.  I love her so much and I know there is going to be a long road of chemo ahead, but she is going to do awesome!  So that explains it all:  I am wanting my mama to be okay (I know she will be!)

{Needing}
I need a pedicure.  My toes are horrible.  I think it has been a month.  I am debating on taking a picture to show the world my ugly toes.  Hmmmm...

{Back 2 School Must Haves}

1 - Smelly Markers
I used to think about how these were such a waste of money, but they make me so happy when I use them.  Like, seriously.happy.  Mrs. Stears is crabby?  Let her smell some grape marker and she's a new woman.  It's just not right.

2 - Abby's Super in Second packet on TpT

I got this packet last year and I used it for my ELA time for my bilingual students to practice their English for the first week of school.  They loved it!  They were seriously still asking if we could make more Jitter Juice the last week of school.  Click {here} to get your own (if you don't teach second, Abby has other grade levels available!)

3 - New First Day Outfit

I really, really, really want to have cute clothes this year.  I get in funks where my school clothes are just boring.  A new first day of school outfit is a must every year, but I am hoping I can find some staple pieces that can spruce up my school wardrobe, too.

So, that's it:  my first Currently.  Leave a comment below and tell me what your top 3 must haves are for back to school!








4 comments:

  1. Your mom will be in my prayers! It is tough to go through that! Our back to school must haves are very similar!!! Glad to see you are a Illinois blogger!!! WOO HOO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea for Illinois!! Thank you for the prayers for my mom -- it means a lot. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thinking about your mom. I'm gonna go follow you on blogloving. You're currently bookmarked on my phone but our want you to do the happy dance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynette -- I totally did a happy dance...thank you so much! And thank you for your thoughts for my mama - she's doing so well!

    ReplyDelete