Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Backpack Night and School Supplies

Today was my first day back to school with my kiddos.  I think it went well overall, but I am one exhausted teacher.  I took tons of pics today:  I told my kiddos, I love taking pictures, so I am always going to have a camera out.  They were used to it by math time!

Although school is back in session, tonight's post isn't about today, but about two days ago:  Backpack Night!  Our school holds "Backpack Night" two days before school starts; this is a time for the students to come in and meet their teachers and drop off supplies so that the first day of school they aren't trying to lug in all of their tissues and Clorox Wipes.  I love that we do this because it makes for a much easier first day over all.  

I decided to make the kiddos a little treat and left it on their desks for our first meeting.  Do you know how many people I had to say, "Do you get it?  EmPEZar un año nuevo?  Like, pez and emPEZar?"  I would get a little chuckle and they would move on...oh well, I think they came out super cute and I had kids ripping the bags open while their parents unpacked their backpacks.

I originally got the idea from First Grade with a Twist and then Krista at Second Grade Superkids redid them for her staff for her first day.

This is what the desks looked like at the end of the night - which lead to an afternoon of putting supplies away the next day (at least all the tissues, Clorox wipes, baggies, etc.)  We dove into the kids' school supplies this morning.


I promise to be back later this week with a recap of our first few days...and a freebie!  What has been your favorite part of this week so far?




No comments:

Post a Comment